Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Just In: Tackling Jobs aboard Petite Wazo #20

The following was excerpted from a 2 Aug 2014 email

Petite Wazo #20 (2013)
I've had some things done to her but nothing crazy.  The rudder stops were big and I had some warranty adjustments done to the engine, transmission, and bearing installations.  We replaced some items due to premature wear and such.  An alignment of a few thousandths was off and I simply insisted on doing it over correctly.  Frustrated, but DBY was super cool about it.  we adjusted the idle a little higher as well to take the damper chatter out.

I pulled headliner and ceiling down in the stateroom to prep for remodel.  Found some water and mold rot so I left it to air out and will address pulling the forward 1/3 of teak deck off when I return.  I found Trevor's blog super interesting on his deck and new surface.  Eager to see and hear more.  I have almost everything I need ordered and delivered to redo the stateroom already except for a few lighting fixtures, wiring, paneling and foam backing I want to put under the headliner.

Looks like I might be addressing fuel and water tanks sooner than I had hoped.  These and the mast relocation I'm hoping to schedule when I return.  Then I was reading about Dave's project with the hull and paint process.  I'm not sure if it makes more sense to do the entire exterior this winter before I go through with the decks and other small projects or after I hit windows, wheelhouse, and such.  Thoughts?








No comments:

Post a Comment