Here's some updates on projects I've just finished on the Neptune. I'm keeping busy right now with varnishing all the doors, with 8-10 coats, and usual winter maintenance work which keeps me busy and more or less out of trouble.
First picture is where I took out the old 12v electrical for television, telephone, and antennae for tv. We made up a new third drawer to match the other two as a replacement for the space where we removed the old equipment. Tom, from grilled cheese days on the Neptune, made the drawer and completed the work in exchange for grilled cheese sandwiches for the coming season.
Second and third pictures show the new hatch for the stand by hand pump. There was no way to get at the pump to work on it, so we cut out a section and put in a hatch door so that we could get easy access to the pump. This work was also done by Tom.
Fourth picture shows what happened this past summer, when on our trip to Plymouth we had saltwater come into the generator. The way the pipe went direct to the generator it allowed for salt water to get in, especially when heading up the Cape Cod Canal with a southwest wind and a head tide creating some choppy weather.
The last picture shows how created a work around to hopefully keep out the saltwater. The hose is re-directed now to follow the exhaust on the main engine which brings it above the deck.